Responsible for shepherding a title from concept through development
Roadhouse Interactive is looking for a Game Director to join our team. You will play a key role in our Company, as you’re ultimately responsible for shepherding a title from concept through development, release and live operations. We’re looking for a producer who’s creative, or if you prefer, a creative who can think like a producer. You are self-motivated, highly organized, and can build a team and lead it to success.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Be the champion and leader of at least one of our products
- Direct the look and feel of the game, define and refine its vision while focussing on core game mechanics, compulsion loops and monetization strategy
- Oversee, evaluate and track progress of the creative and technical development
- Work with internal and external resources to ensure production schedules are met without compromising the quality of the project
- Own the product’s market positioning and monetization plans
- Analyze and report live product metrics and drive the team to improve key performance indicators
- Be a technical and business resource to the team and other designers and producers. Help resolve problems, and share your experiences with them
- Support strategic planning and budgeting processes for Roadhouse products, and provide financial, technical and creative input
- Research and keep up with mobile, social and free-to-play game market trends, patterns and best practices
- Implement and customize best practices to drive improvement in our development methodologies and studio processes
- 5+ years of experience in game development, preference given to experience in managing mobile and social games from development through to live operations
- Natural team leader who can inspire others to work together and stay focussed on the common goal
- Passionate about online, social, mobile and free-to-play games
- Understanding of how game design and business models fit together to drive a product’s success
- Demonstrated ability to create and oversee project plans and schedules
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple audiences, including team members, executives, marketers, users and press
- Resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
Interested in the opportunity?
We’d love to hear from you. Please apply with your current resume and cover letter outlining how you’re right for the job.