Roadhouse Games is looking for a Programmer to join our team. This programmer can expect to work on a wide range of mobile and web games, related technologies and tools in a fast paced and exciting environment.
The programmer will be expected to own features “end to end” (both client and server). The ideal candidate would enjoy collaborating with other programmers, as well as designers and artists to bring the next generation of social games to the world. Previous experience in the games industry, as well as an awareness of web technology trends, browser and mobile platform nuances is highly desirable.
- Contribute to the development of new systems/products as required
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of existing products as required
- Ensure all code created is robust, maintainable, and meets or exceeds established Roadhouse Games coding standards/conventions
- Write clear and concise technical design documentation for all new features and systems in the appropriate medium (WIKI, Word Docs etc)
- Potentially gather and analyze developer/client/customer feedback, system requirements and incorporate them into technical designs for new features/systems
- Collaborate with other team members to iterate and refine existing systems/designs/code (including code reviews and peer programming)
- Contribute to documentation that will be used as the basis of instruction manuals, tutorials, FAQs, or other written support materials for clients and customers of Roadhouse Games
- Offer solutions and workarounds/tradeoffs to management, developers, QA, partners and potentially clients as required
- Work with project management to schedule and estimate tasks, identify high risk items, prioritize dependencies and flag problems as they arise
- Identify and communicate technical problems/limitations and any potential solutions/tradeoffs to management
- Identify tasks or procedures that can be automated and/or stream lined to reduce errors and contain operating costs
- Be available for potential travel to partner locations
- Other duties as required by Roadhouse management
- 2+ Years of relevant experience
- Previously shipped at least one title from start to finish in a team environment as a programmer
- Experience working with SCM systems in a team environment (Perforce or SVN)
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and engines as required by a particular project. As a small studio all programmers will need to be flexible and will potentially have a wide range of responsibilities across multiple projects and technologies
- Ability to work in a truly agile fashion and be prepared to change priorities (features, project platform) as required. This can potentially mean multi-tasking across several projects as we launch titles, start new projects or fix critical bugs on existing products
- Ability to evaluate complex requirements, break them down into meaningful tasks and give accurate estimates for project management.
- Work with project management to schedule tasks, identify high risk items, and prioritize dependencies
- Able to deliver and receive constructive criticism in a mature manor
- Hold a valid passport for business related travel outside of Canada
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Roadhouse Interactive.
Please apply by using the form below, enclosing an up-to-date CV.