Product Manager – Mobile (Gaming Industry)
Roadhouse Interactive is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Publishing team. The Product Manager is key in driving success for the games we build. As a Product Manager, you will play a pivotal role and work with multi-functional teams (developers, BD, data analysts, partners and community) to improve game quality, better understand user behavior and identify how we retain and grow our customer base.
The Product Manager will assist in the strategic direction of the game by using data, analytics and metrics to build features that maximize the game’s longevity in conjunction with the game design team. This role is accountable for retention, monetization, hitting KPIs and generally maximizing the opportunity that the game presents to ensure optimal game KPI’s.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for the successful life-cycle of each game, during and after a game’s initial launch in conjunction with the Game Director.
- Accountable for all customer-facing initiatives that drive and ensure users return to Roadhouse’s games
- Act as the consumer-facing product champion and continually look for opportunity and innovation from a customer retention and monetization point of view.
- Develop strategic, actionable game marketing plans, with a specific emphasis on digital publishing strategy and games as a service.
- Develop game and feature forecasts, business models and roadmaps
- Identify and develop new revenue opportunities and effectively maximize programs to achieve this.
- Continually develop innovative solutions (using external tools and internal expertise) to consistently exceed revenue and KPI targets
- Defines market requirements for each game, based on a deep understanding of the mobile game market, key customers, and competition
- Work with game developers and executives to identify key performance indicators to track and report
- Through internal analytics and external channels continuously monitor and report on the progress of the product, understanding the competition and advising how to continuously stay at the forefront
- Liaise and collaborate with all relevant cross functional teams to ensure game’s timely, cost effective and high quality delivery
- Collaborate with Development, Business Operations, BI, External agencies and support teams in order to ensure a great player experience that also monetizes and retains customers
- Strong knowledge of mobile game design. Ability to create and/or critique wireframes advantageous
- Work with developers to hypothesize, test, and monitor gameplay experiments (through A/B testing) on various user sets to ensure optimal game KPI’s
- 3+ years of experience in a product owner or manager role with a good portion of experience being on mobile games platforms
- Outstanding project and time management skills.
- Strong passion for games, and creating fun, compelling user experiences!
- Proven experience managing product lifecycles, owning the product roadmap and ensuring it is achievable within mobile games
- A deep understanding of the free to play business model
- Excellent analytical skills, experience analyzing metrics and KPIs
- Exceptional understanding of players, acquisition and retention within Mobile Gaming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with creative people and resolve conflicts with competing ideas
- Resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Deliver and receive performance feedback in a mature manner
- Direct experience with mobile analytics tools such as Lean Plum, Localytics, Game Analytics, Google Analytics etc.
- Direct experience with mobile monetization and retention tools such as Chartboost, Playhaven, Tapjoy, Urban Airship, Xtify, etc.
Interested in the opportunity?
We’d love to hear from you! Please apply with your resume and cover letter. In your message below, tell us why you are right for the job.