Localization QA, Foreign Language Testing
French, German, Italian & Spanish - Temporary Contract
Roadhouse Interactive is looking for Localization QA to join our studio for a short term contract. The ideal candidates will provide translations and copy-editing services in one of the languages for our games. It is a great opportunity to gain experience in localization testing, game testing and reference for future similar opportunities with Roadhouse.
We are looking for well-educated foreign nationals who can help us with our current projects. The contract is for approximately 80 hours of work in total. It is part time in studio, minimum 20 hours per week. The shifts are between 2-6 hours per day, anywhere from 9 am to 9 pm. There may be work on the weekends as well, but current work and study schedules can be accommodated. The rate of pay is between $20 – $25 per hour depending on the scope and the experience.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide translations of texts (source text is English by default).
- Translate texts, copy-edit and format all final drafts of translated and original game-related content, including but not limited to in-game text, web features and marketing copies, etc. All data is expected to be edited and formatted in a professional, publish-ready format.
- Edit all in-game text, web features and marketing copies to be coherent, entertaining and free of grammatical or spelling errors.
- Localize translated in-game text to reflect current and local trends and language.
- Improve the quality of all in-game text, web features and marketing copies.
- Native level fluency in spoken and written in one of the languages (French, German, Italian & Spanish) is required with up-to-date language skills.
- Well educated. Degrees in Linguistics, professional experience in translations, Media Communication or Public Relations a plus.
- Detail-oriented, results-oriented, and disciplined.
- Game player, high level of interest / experience in games is a plus.
- Sensitivity and discretion in maintaining confidentiality of all in-game content.
- Resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Manage multi-tasking across several projects.
- Interact professionally with team members.
- Deliver and receive performance feedback in a mature manner.
Interested in the opportunity?
Please apply with your current resume and cover letter introducing yourself and outlining how you’re right for the job.