Roadhouse Interactive is looking for a passionate, experienced and talented Game Designer to join our team. Our Designers are enthusiastic, multi-talented individuals who work closely with our game teams, marketing and business development teams to create designs that are innovative, fun, engaging and commercially viable.
Game Designers are expected to create designs, be self-motivated and aggressively champion design concepts and ideas in order to create industry leading products. The individual will have joint accountability for the quality of game design from high level down to the lowest detail.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Game Director on game design systems and generate documentation to clearly communicate ideas and goals
- Define and prioritize game features based on overall product vision including core game mechanics, compulsion loops and monetization strategies while adapting to development capabilities and schedules
- Implement, iterate, and evolve game and level designs from early planning stages to live releases
- Work closely with the design, art and programming team members to deliver work on time within aggressive schedules
- Effectively design with minimal supervision, taking ownership of quality and completion of creative content
- Cultivate a positive team dynamic, and exhibit a professional attitude by demonstrating a good balance between creativity and practical flexibility
- Communicate designs clearly and consistently to other team members and production partners
- Be knowledgeable of social, online, and mobile technologies and the trends of interactive gaming in the major global markets
- Work with analytics tools to mine data and integrate results into designs.
- Design live products iteratively with development teams to ensure continued improvement of conversion, monetization and retention
- Partner with the production and QA teams to ensure a consistent user experience across multiple devices and platforms when required
- Minimum 2 + years of relevant experience
- Previously shipped at least 2 titles as a Designer from concept through to live operations in a team environment
- Expertise in free-to-play mobile and social game design
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional design issues
- Good knowledge of user experience, usability requirements, and an overall great sense of design
- Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses
- Familiarity with one or more gameplay scripting or programming languages
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across multiple audiences
- Resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Manage multi-tasking across several projects
- Interact professionally with team members
- Deliver and receive performance feedback in a mature manner
Interested in the opportunity?
We’d love to hear from you! Please apply with your resume and cover letter. In your message below, introduce yourself, tell us why you’re passionate about free-to-play mobile and social games and finally, why you’re right for the job.