Roadhouse Interactive is looking for an experienced and talented 3D Animator to join our team. Our 3D Animators create animation for characters and/or objects based on rigged 3D models, and contribute to the visual elements of the gameplay. As an Animator, you can expect to work in a team environment to provide artwork for highly visual and interactive mobile games.
You will be responsible for 3D animations on a project for mobile platforms while pushing and maintaining high quality standards.
- Design and construct rigs, weight/skin character models and export characters for use in game engines
- Collaborate with Senior Artists to animate game assets including logos, characters, environments and icons/symbols
- Collaborate with the game director, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, gameplay intentions and engine capacities in order to anticipate the in-game look of the animations
- Collaborate with game designers to design and create character behaviours
- Apply animation principles to create high-quality animations while optimizing them to meet technical constraints and making any changes that are requested
- Ensure animations meet technical and visual quality standards
- Update design documentation and status
- Create and manage schedule of animation tasks
- Collaborate with programmers to design and create animation motion trees/state machines for game characters
- Knowledge of 3D art optimization techniques and emerging mobile games
- Strong understanding of game pipelines and integration processes
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles with full working knowledge of Maya software
- Experienced in the use of art creation tools (Maya, 3DS Max, Adobe CC, Flash, Harmony)
- Ability to create, rig and animate symbols, characters, and images and to design and execute character movement
- Produce exceptional quality animation in a timely manner with excellent attention to details
- Work in a truly agile fashion
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with Unity
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills across multiple audiences
- Ability to interact professionally with all team members across the organization
- Resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Deliver and receive performance feedback in a mature manner
Interested in the opportunity?
We’d love to hear from you! Please apply with your resume and your portfolio (either as a pdf or link to an online portfolio). In your message to us below, introduce yourself, tell us why you’re right for the job and outline the biggest challenges Animators face in mobile games.